Parish Office Hours
9:00am to 1:00pm
2:00pm to 5:30pm
During the Week:
St Mary's Chapel
By the Rectory
In the Church
Saturday 6:00 pm (Billingual)
Sunday: 9:00 am (English)
11:00 am (Spanish)
A bit of History...
St. Columba’s Parish has served the people of the Lincoln Park/South Broad Street area since 1871. Dedicated and completed in 1898 by and for Irish immigrants, today St. Columba is a parish, culturally diversified and still serves a new immigrant population.
The first men of the parish were mostly hard-
When the children of the parish needed education, the sisters of Charity came to the parish in 1880.
There was no convent at the time, so the sisters traveled by horse and buggy each day from St. Patrick’s on Bleeker Street.
In 1908 both school and the convent were completed. The school continued to educate the parish and the neighborhood children until 2000, when unfortunatly the School closed. It is now open as a school under the direction of LINK Community Corporation.
The priest of the Archdiocese have served the parish faithfully through the years.
From the first pastor, Father Reilly, to the later diocesan missionary priest Father Luis Orlando Gonzalez.
All the volunteer teachers in the Religious Education Program, the members of the choir, the faithful lectors, the advisory board, and many people, who volunteer their time and talent to keep St. Columba's Church, a strong symbol of the beautiful people it serves.
We are a community that celebrates and serves as a testimony of the event of Pentecost.
We are a community that prays, celebrates, works and suffers together. Within our diversity, we serve Christ and we live according to the Gospel in unity and tolerance.
May God’s work continue to be carried on as faithfully in the future as it has been in the past and present.